Tip For a Healthy Mind

As a nutrition and wellness consultant, I'm often asked, "if I could do just one thing to improve my health, what would you suggest?" I strongly advocate that the balance of a healthy mind, body, and spirit is what is needed to achieve overall wellness in you life. While helpful, concentrating on just one of these would not be adequate.

So, this week I'm going to roll out the number one thing I suggest to improve the wellness for each of these: the mind, the body, and the spirit. First up is the mind.

Our brains - in so much more control of our wellness than many of us realize. I would argue that what we say to ourselves everyday is crucial to our wellness. Ask yourself this: what are the words that are playing in my brain every minute of everyday? Are they negative? Are they complaints? Are they criticisms? Do I expect the worst in any particular situation? Do I put myself down? Many people think so unconsciously that they don't ever realize that we have constant thought playing in the background of our lives. Just paying attention to those thoughts can give you much insight into your brain's state of wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment